Despite being a fairly small city, Pittsburgh boasts a robust and varied music scene with everything from mega stadium tours featuring world-famous artists to intimate clubs where you can see your favorite local musicians.
Acrisure Stadium's location by the Ohio River waterfront on Pittsburgh's North Shore almost directly across from Downtown means you're right in the center of this vibrant city.
Whether you're hoping to see your favorite artist perform live, wondering what concerts are happening in Pittsburgh tonight, or checking out things to do this weekend,
You'll love the convenient public transportation and easy access to reasonably cheap parking, plus all the nearby restaurants, brewpubs, and hotels.
Want to know about concerts in Pittsburgh??
Whether you're hoping to see your favorite artist perform at a nearby concert venue, wondering what concerts are happening in Pittsburgh tonight, or checking out things to do this weekend, we have you covered. Here's what's happening at Pittsburgh's four biggest concert venues:
Game & Concert Tickets
Top Hotels near Acrisure Stadium
- The Landing Hotel Pittsburgh - Super close (just a 3-minute walk) to the stadium
- Hyatt Place Pittsburgh North Shore- Just a 8-minute walk from Acrisure Stadium and very close to Rivers Casino and the kid-friendly Carnegie Science Center, with inexpensive onsite parking and a hotel shuttle to Downtown Pittsburgh
- Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel - Downtown riverfront location - walk across the scenic Clemente Bridge toAcrisure Stadium
More Fun Things to Do in Pittsburgh
We cover everything you need to know to make your visit to Acrisure Stadium fun and stress free.
You'll find schedule and ticket information about games, concerts, and other events, tips on how to get there, bag policies and tailgating, best places to stay and eat nearby, and lots more!
Top photo: Acrisure Stadium (formerly Heinz Field) - Photo credit: iStock/Alexander Friedman
Stadium Events Guide is a reader-supported publication. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost for you. Learn more
Acrisure Stadium Park Schedule & Tickets
Find tickets for Pittsburgh Steelers home games at Acrisure Stadium, plus outdoor concerts featuring world-famous artists from late spring through early fall.
Use this discount code for Acrisure Stadium games and concerts:
Ticket Discount Code: Enter DISCOVERY 10 to save 10% on TicketNetwork & TicketLiquidator tickets
Pittsburgh Steelers Home Games at Acrisure Stadium: Schedule & Tickets
For the best views of the action, choose seats on or near the 50-yard line in the 100s sections of your preferred row. Rows go from Row A (1st row) up to Row Z (26th row), Row AA (27th row), and so on.
For a good view of the midfield action and the coreboard, consider sections 234 and 235.
Acrisure Stadium Concerts: Schedule & Tickets
As Pittsburgh's largest concert venue, Acrisure Stadium attracts the
For concerts, like most stadium shows, the stage is usually set up in the outfield. That means that unless you're in the pit (where floor tickets always fetch a premium price), you're likely to be quite a distance away and will be relying on the giant screens to see the details. You may want to avoid seats in the end sections closest to the stage in case of obstructions and less-than-stellar viewing angles.
See all Acrisure Stadium games, concerts, other events
Acrisure Stadium Seating Charts
Steelers Games at Acrisure Stadium - Seating Map
For the best views of the Downtown Pittsburgh skyline and the river, choose seats on the third base side of the field - although you can expect fairly spectacular views wherever you sit in Acrisure Stadium.
You'll enter Acrisure Stadium through the Outfield entrances if you walk across the Roberto Clemente Bridge from Downtown Pittsburgh, or at the Home Plate entrance if you're already on the North Shore.
To reach the ballpark's main concourse and upper levels, walk up the stairs or ramps, or take the escalator.
Acrisure Stadium Concert Seating Charts
What are the best seats for Acrisure Stadium concerts?
"Best" depends on your budget as well as viewing preferences.
The actual concert set-up, especially the configuration of light towers and sound equipment, will also your sightlines and audio quality.
Like many venues, Acrisure Stadium offers two general ticket categories, with options covering a wide range of prices:
- Seats in the stands - Select your seats based on your budget and viewing preferences - but know that even if you're in the 500s (which means you're far from the stage), jumbo screens let you see all the action. Stand seats are the most budget-friendly, with the higher tiers being the cheapest. To splurge on the best views in the cheapest sections, buy front-row tickets.
- Standing room on the floor - These tickets put you closest to the action on the stage and give you good-to-great direct views of the action on the stage; some concerts offer general admission tickets to the entire floor area, while others have special barricaded floor sections with those closest to the stage being the priciest. Depending on the show, these tickets can be extremely expensive - but you'll get an amazing view. Let your budget be your guide!
Because seating configurations may be customized for each show, the two seating charts below give you a general idea of what to expect in two typical layouts.
Acrisure Stadium Seating Chart for Concerts - Center Stage
This seating chart shows a center stage surrounding by seating and a central "general admission" floor standing room area closest to the stage.
Acrisure Stadium Seating Chart for Concerts - Audience-Facing Stage
In this layout, the stage is set up to face forward, with custom sections defined in the floor area.
What are the best seats for this configuration? Consider the end-row seats in the 100s and 200s - in other words, 108-110, 135-137, and so forth.
What to Expect at Acrisure Stadium
Acrisure Stadium opened in 2001 as the fifth home of the Pittsburgh Pirates, a member of the Major League Baseball (MLB). The ballfield embodies a retro-classic stadium style with two decks and natural grass playing fields. Steel trusses also give a nod to Steel City's industrial past.
Acrisure Stadium's seat capacity totals just over 38,000 people, making it one of the smallest pro baseball stadiums and giving you a great view of the game no matter where you're sitting.
In recent years (except for the pandemic years of 2020-2021), most Steelers games typically draw crowds of around 18,000-31,000 fans, while the outdoor summer concerts frequently attract sell out the stadium.
Acrisure Stadium's central location means you'll get all the conveniences of being right in the middle of a vibrant city, including easy access on Pittsburgh's "T" (subway), plus plenty of places to eat tasty local cuisine and sample beverages from the thriving craft brewery scene.
Know Before You Go
- Acrisure Stadium is a cashless facility. Bring a credit or debit card for food, parking, etc.
- Acrisure Stadium is an open-top stadium. In case of rain, bring a pocket-sized clear disposable plastic poncho, which you can usually get at nearby convenience stores or order online from Amazon
Hotels near Acrisure Stadium: 10 Closest Hotels
Walk to Acrisure Stadium from these North Side Pittsburgh hotels in less than 5 minutes:
- Hyatt Place Pittsburgh North Shore- Just a 5-minute walk from Acrisure Stadium and a short walk to Rivers Casino, with inexpensive onsite parking and a hotel shuttle to Downtown Pittsburgh
- Springhill Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh - All-Suites hotel next to Acrisure Stadium and 5-minute walk to Acrisure Stadium; affordable rates, hotel shuttle to other parts of the city
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh North Shore - 2-5 minute walk to Acrisure Stadium, affordable rates, easy parking
- Residence Inn by Marriott Pittsburgh North Shore - Across the street from Acrisure Stadium and easy walking distance to Acrisure Stadium, restaurants, and nightlife
- The Parador Inn - Historic B&B with a Caribbean theme, gorgeous period furniture, comfy beds, and a lovely garden
Or stay across from the Allegheny Riverfront Park and stroll across the scenic Clemente Bridge to Acrisure Stadium - maybe a 10 minute walk:
- Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel - Downtown riverfront location - walk across the scenic Clemente Bridge to Acrisure Stadium
Choose a Downtown Pittsburgh hotel and enjoy lively dining and nightlife scene while being just a 5-minute walk across the Clemente Bridge (or free T ride) to Acrisure Stadium:
- Doubletree by Hilton Downtown Pittsburgh - Spacious rooms and suites at affordable rates. Request a Downtown view
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh - Great location and affordable rates, great style and comfort. Traveling with friends? Choose a suite like the one shown above!
- Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Pittsburgh - Wonderful location next to Market Square and plenty of fun places to eat and drink
- Fairmont Pittsburgh - Luxury hotel offering top amenities and service, and a modern vibe. Surrounded by many restaurants of all types
Map Showing Pittsburgh Hotels & Best Rates
Use this map to enter your dates and see best rates (including discounted rates) on available hotels and apartments:
Acrisure Stadium Bag Policies
Acrisure Stadium enforces a strict "No Bag" policy for games and concerts, with only the following exceptions:
- Small clutch bags that measure no more than 8" x 5" x 1"; clear bags are highly recommended (ziplock bags work well), and no more than one per person is permitted
- Bags used exclusively for medical equipment/ADA reasons
- Diaper bags used exclusively for the care of infants and young toddlers who accompany you; to facilitate speedy entry, use a clear bag such as these from Amazon if possible
Bags may be searched upon entry.
Bag Storage at Acrisure Stadium
If you need to store a bag, you can use the lockers available on Isabella Street across from the Stargell Gate. They are available one hour before the stadium gates open.
Tailgating at Acrisure Stadium
Tailgating is allowed in select stadium parking lots near the ballfield, starting when the lots open 4 hours before game time.
Typical tailgating rules apply:
- You must confine your tailgating to your paid space - so no taking over adjacent spaces, and no restricting full access to the driving lanes between rows
- You can bring and consume alcohol, but alcohol sales are allowed
- You cannot bring or use personal or private toilets or port-a-potties
- Cooking grills are allowed in open parking lots (not garages), but no other fires are allowed
- Tents are not permitted
How to Get to Acrisure Stadium
Acrisure Stadium Location
115 Federal Street, on Pittsburgh's North Shore across the Allegheny River from Downtown Pittsburgh
Best Acrisure Stadium Entrances (& Some to Avoid)
To enter the ballfield, you'll have your pick of many different entrances where you'll show your tickets and go through a security check point. If you see long lines at the main gates at the front, head to the side entrances where lines are usually shorter.
The Best Way to Get to Acrisure Stadium
The easiest and best way to get to Acrisure Stadium is to walk, which you can easily do if you're staying near the ballpark in the North Shore or Downtown neighborhoods.
On game days, the picturesque Roberto Clemente bridge provides pedestrian-only access to the ballpark from Downtown Pittsburgh, so you can enjoy beautiful river and skyline views as you join the crowds of Yinzers and out-of-town fans walking across it and then along the Three Rivers Heritage Trail by the river.
Please note: The Clemente Bridge will be closed for renovations until the 2023 MLB season. Until it reopens, walk over the Andy Warhol Bridge (7th Street) to get to Acrisure Stadium.
Public Transportation to Acrisure Stadium
The next best way to reach the ballfield, especially if you want to avoid getting stuck in traffic gridlock around Acrisure Stadium is to take the "T" - Pittsburgh's light rail/subway system - to Allegheny T Station located next to the stadium. If you board at the "Golden Triangle" stations in Downtown Pittsburgh, you can even ride for free.
You can also park near the North Shore's Allegheny T Station, the First Avenue Garage next to the First Avenue T Station, or the Mellon Square Garage near the Wood Street T Station and ride for free from those stations to the North Side Station.
Otherwise, drive to one of the South Hills T Stations (1,900+ parking spaces) and take the T downtown to the Wood Street or Gateway Center Station and walk across the Roberto Clemente Bridge to Acrisure Stadium. Or park in a garage near any other T station, and hop on board to the ballpark.
What about Ride Shares? Can You Take Uber or Lyft to Acrisure Stadium?
Yes, absolutely! In fact, taking an Uber or Lyft to Acrisure Stadium may be cheaper than paying for parking, depending on where you're coming from.
Want to shave off a few dollars? Ask to be dropped off near one of the Golden Triangle T stations or Downtown, and then take the T for free or walk across the Clemente Bridge to the ballfield.
Parking near Acrisure Stadium
To avoid spending more time than necessary in snarled traffic if you choose to drive, follow this simple parking rule: Park on the North Shore if you're driving in from the north, and park Downtown if you're driving in from the east, south, or west.
North Shore parking costs more than Downtown, but if you're coming from the north, it's your best option avoiding traffic gridlock, especially after a game or concert.
Best (ie, close and affordable) North Shore parking near Acrisure Stadium includes the lots and garages near the ballpark, especially in the green and yellow zones on this map showing North Shore parking lots and garages near Acrisure Stadium:
Downtown Pittsburgh offers 20,000+ parking spaces. Game day and concert rates tend to be cheaper than on the North Shore, especially at the city's many municipal parking garages and garages located here.
This map shows their locations:
Pittsburgh Insider's Tip: If you're heading to an evening game or concert, street-side parking is free after 6pm.
Keep in mind that parking can be tougher for concerts than for games because depending on the featured artists, they may draw larger crowds - so allow yourself plenty of time.
You'll usually find the best rates (and be able to reserve a spot) by using a parking app such as SpotHero.
Best & Cheapest Ways to Get from Pittsburgh International Airport to Acrisure Stadium
Are you flying to Pittsburgh for a Steelers game or concert at Acrisure Stadium?
Pittsburgh International Airport is located about 20 miles from Acrisure Stadium/Downtown Pittsburgh.
The best (meaning the fastest and most convenient) way to get from the airport to Acrisure Stadium or your Pittsburgh hotel is to rent a car and drive, take a taxi, or use ride-sharing service.
The cheapest although not necessarily the fastest or most convenient way to get from the airport to Downtown Pittsburgh is on the West Busway (28X Airport Flyer), which runs about every 30 minutes and costs just a few dollars one way. From Downtown, you can easily walk to the stadium.
Restaurants near Acrisure Stadium
You'll find plenty of food and drink concessions inside Acrisure Stadium, including outposts of a couple of local bars and restaurants offering their own specialties and local fare as a change from the standard stadium hot dogs, nachos, and fries.
To minimize your time away from the game or concert, most food areas offer kiosks where you place your order. You'll see your order number displayed on a screen when your food is ready to be picked up.
Bring a credit or debit card, as cashless payments are the trend here.
Outside the ballpark, sample Pittsburgh's thriving brewpub scene famous for its craft beers and tasty food including local specialties. With Acrisure Stadium and Heinz Field less than half a mile apart, plenty of sports bars and casual spots to eat and drink fill the North Shore, and you'll have even more choices across the Clemente Bridge in Downtown Pittsburgh.
Here are a few you won't want to miss, as well as a hotel bar to check out:
North Shore Bars & Restaurants near Acrisure Stadium
- Beerhead Bar & Eatery (110 Federal Street across from the ballpark) - Love beer? You'll find hundreds of choices here, including craft beers from around the country. If you want to eat there too, bring your own food or order from the delivery menus they keep on hand.
More Ways to Enjoy Pittsburgh's Food Culture
Downtown Pittsburgh Food & Drink
- Meat & Potatoes (649 Penn Ave) - Choose the rib eye steak for two and customize your sauces, sides, and potatoes, go for a burger with a side of poutine, or indulge in any of the other meat-centric specialties. Mussels and frites hit the spot too!
- Proper Brick Oven & Tap Room (139 7th Street) - Craft beers on tap, pizza, salads, and Italian specialties emphasizing local seasonal produce with almost everything made from scratch, including the delicious fresh mozzarella, pastas, and desserts.
Pittsburgh Hotel Bars & Restaurants
- Biergarten at Kimpton Hotel Monaco (Downtown) - Relax on the Biergarten's appealing 9th floor rooftop patio bar and enjoy a winning combination of European beverages, German specialties to munch on, pub games, and sweeping city views.
More Pittsburgh Attractions & Things to Do
Visiting Pittsburgh to attend a Acrisure Stadium event? Don't miss these top attractions and fun things to do:
- Top Pittsburgh Attractions - PNC Park and the Pittsburgh Pirates, PPG Paints Arena and the Pittsburgh Penguins, Andy Warhol Museum (117 Sandusky, 2-minute walk from Acrisure Stadium), Market Square (intersection of Market Street and Forbes Ave - restaurants, street vendors, pop-up markets, and cool architecture), Rivers Casino (777 Casino Drive, 1 block from Acrisure Stadium)
- Kids' Favorites in Pittsburgh - Children's Museum of Pittsburgh (10 Children's Way, close to Acrisure Stadium), Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium (1 Wild Place), Carnegie Science Center (1 Allegheny Drive, across from Acrisure Stadium)
More Fun Things to Do in Pittsburgh
Acrisure Stadium Gift Ideas
Need a Acrisure Stadium-related gift for friends or family?
Check out these cool Acrisure Stadium gift ideas from Amazon: Acrisure Stadium wall art and posters, games, stadium seats, puzzles, toys, and more!
More Articles about Pittsburgh Stadiums, Sports & Concerts
- PNC Park - More about the Pittsburgh Pirates' home field
- PPG Paints Arena - More about the home of the Pittsburgh Penguins
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Find game schedules & more for Pittsburgh's NFL team